Summer Skills is an initiative of NSW JobTrainer and subsidized by the NSW Government. Summer Skills courses are geared to 2022 school leavers and those aged between 16 and 24.. Summer Skills training provides an excellent introduction to an industry and offers an opportunity to upskill over the summer period and enhance your employment opportunities for the new year.
All courses are subsidized by the NSW Government and are fee free for those who meet the eligibility criteria below:
- Aged 16-24
- NOT enrolled in school
- Australian citizen or Permanent resident, Australian humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen;
- Currently living in NSW
Enrolments close on the 31st October and training must commence in November, so register now to get a head start on your career.
South Coast Community College is offering short courses in the following community services specialisations:
- Introduction to Individual Support
- Introduction to Disability Care
- Introduction to Individual Support – Aged Care
- Introduction to Working with Older People – Facilitating Empowerment
- First Aid in an Education and Care setting – including Childcare contexts